Individual employer funding

Skills for Care logo
If you are employed through a personal budget from social care or health (i.e. personal health budget) or paid by someone using your own money (this is sometimes called being a ‘self-funder’), your client can apply for funding to train themselves and you as their personal assistant.
What can they claim for?
The money can be used to pay for training to develop the client as an employer and to develop the skills of PA(s).
It can pay for training courses, expenses to get to and from the training and for a replacement PA when the usual PA is attending training.
It can be used for different types of training like moving and assisting, first aid, communication, dementia awareness, diabetes awareness, risk assessments, skills for employers, and qualifications like a diploma in health and social care.
Before the client applies for funding, read this guidance document which explains more about the funding and how to complete the application form.
When you’ve read the guidance document, the client should complete the application form and send it to Skills for Care with the relevant documents. You can download it as a Word document or a PDF document.
Applications can be sent at any time up to 17.00 on 28 February 2020.
If you have any questions, read these FAQs, or get in touch with Skills for Care via email ([email protected]) or phone (0113 241 1275).